- The Brackets Art Prize is organised by Courthouse Youth Arts (CHYA), Creative Geelong and Analogue Academy in a co-production partnership.
- Entry to the Brackets Art Prize is open to any artist living and working in the City of Greater Geelong and surrounds (extending from Anakie and Balliang to the Bellarine Peninsula) that is aged 12-26 years old. If under 18 years, entries must be submitted by an adult (parent/guardian) on behalf of the youth; this adult must have parental consent. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of age, identity and eligibility.
- For entrants under 18 years – the adult submitting the youths entry, will be required to approve the entry and agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant, by way of a check-box in the online form.
- There is no cost to enter the Brackets Art Prize.
- The winner of the Brackets Art Prize will receive a cash prize of $1,000 and the winning artwork will be acquired by CHYA. The winner will also receive an exhibition at the venue of their choice (CHYA, Creative Geelong or Analogue Academy).
- The runner up of the Brackets Art Prize will receive a cash prize of $500 and will also receive an exhibition at one of the 2 remaining venues.
- The second runner up of the Brackets Art Prize will receive a cash prize of $250 and an exhibition at the remaining venue.
- Must have been made no earlier than 2018 and must be new work that has not already been commissioned, exhibited or the like
- Entrants can submit up to 2 works, in any medium including traditional or emerging art forms, two-dimensional and three-dimensional forms, digital or performance-based. All practices, especially those that are conceptual, experimental, progressive or multidisciplinary and strongly encouraged to apply.
- Works must be less than 2m x 2m (by 2m if 3D), however entrants with work larger than this should contact email@example.com to discuss.
- Must be an original, uncopied work made by the artist and not infringe on copyright. Any technicians or third parties who provided assistance must be identified in the entry form.
- Works must be submitted in a state of completion. No wet or unfinished works will be accepted.
- CHYA, Creative Geelong and Analogue Academy are all inclusive and diverse arts spaces, individuals of all backgrounds, experiences and skill sets are encouraged to apply. No previous art training or education is necessary.
- Entries must not contain defamatory, obscene, offensive, or any other unsuitable material; the CGM or CHYA reserves the right to disqualify entries containing such matter. Entries must be suitable to be published or used online by CHYA, Creative Geelong and Analogue Academy audiences of all ages.
- Entrants retain the copyright in their entries but grant CHYA, Creative Geelong and Analogue Academy a perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free licence to publish, broadcast (across all media) and post the entry online and on any other platforms yet to be envisaged. This licence will be deemed to include all the necessary rights and permissions to enable such use by CHYA, Creative Geelong or Analogue Academy, to fulfil the prizes and to complete the administration of this competition.
- Artworks must be professionally presented, clean and ready to hang (if applicable) with either 2 D-rings or a hanging wire attached.
- Every care will be taken during the handling and exhibition of the work, however, no responsibility shall be accepted for any damage however occurring, and insurance for the work will at all times be the responsibility of the artist.
- To enter:
a) submit a completed entry form by Friday 10th May
b) submit a 300 dpi image suitable for reproduction of the artwork/s in promotional and exhibition material (to accompany your entry form)
- Entries may be submitted by:
ONLINE via our online form found at courthouseyoutharts.com/brackets-art-prize/
PERSON Entries can be submitted in person at Courthouse Youth Arts, 60 Little Malop Street Geelong. Please advise via email or phone when you will be dropping your entry form and work off. Our phone number is (03) 5224 2815.
- Entries can only be accepted online or in-person; postal entries or entries sent over email will not be read or considered.
- Entry opens on Friday the 12th April 2019 at 9am. Entry closes on Friday 10th May 2019 at 5pm. Submissions received outside of this time frame will not, under any circumstances be considered, so CHYA advises users not to wait until the last minute to submit entries. CHYA cannot be held to account if the website runs slowly.
- Artists must drop off their work between 10am-4pm on Saturday the 11th of May
- Artists are expected to attend the opening night/s which will be held at the following venues:
a) Courthouse Youth Arts Centre, 60 Little Malop Street Geelong, Main Gallery Space, Wednesday 22nd May 6PM-8PM
b) Creative Geelong Makers Hub, 132 Little Malop Street Geelong, Centrepoint Arcade, Thursday 23rd May 6PM-9PM
c) Analogue Academy, 23 Cuzens Place Geelong, Friday 24th May 7PM-late (Winners will be announced at 8:00PM)
- Artists must pick-up their work on Monday the 3rd of June from their respective venue. Times for pick-up will vary between venues.
- All work exhibited will not be for sale, however artist details will be passed on to anyone interested in purchasing.
- Entries are required to remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
- Winners will be announced at 8:00PM at Analogue Academy, located at 23 Cuzens Place Geelong, Friday 24th May
- The decision of 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be made by a skilled and diverse judging panel and all decisions are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning artwork will be acquired for the Courthouse Youth Arts Centre
- Entrants agree to allow the Courthouse Youth Arts, Creative Geelong and Analogue Academy to photograph and reproduce their work for the purpose of promoting the Brackets Art Prize, for a period not exceeding 2 years from the closure of the exhibition. Any reproductions of artworks will provide full attribution of the artist.
- Employees of Courthouse Youth Arts, Creative Geelong and Analogue Academy are not eligible for entry.
- The winners from each category will need to go to CHYA to receive their prize money, which will be awarded as a cheque.
- CHYA reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these Terms and Conditions, or to withhold a prize if in its opinion entries do not reach the required standard.
- CHYA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.